WHAT IS NEW IN AESTHETIC, RECONSTRUCTIVE AND ONCOLOGICAL BREAST SURGERY IN 2021?
The programme for the 7th annual London Breast Meeting will be inspiring and thought-provoking, presented by the most eminent, highly respected Faculty from around the world.
It will consist of best practice updates, practical video workshop sessions, panel discussions and debates, as well as a dedicated programme for nurses and allied health professionals.
1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Wednesday 1st September
Parallel Session (Choose from A or B below)
A: Oncoplastic Breast Surgery
B: Imaging for Microsurgeons
- Chest wall perforator flaps
- Advanced oncoplastic techniques with glandular manipulation
- Pre-pectoral reconstruction: step by step
- Late correction of volume defects
Aesthetic Breast Surgery
- The use of ultrasound in perforator flaps
- Thermal imaging in flap planning
- Interpretation of ICG lymphangiography
- Interpretation of CT angiograms
- Choosing the implant in subfascial/subglandular augmentation with lipofilling
- Mastopexy in massive weight loss patients
- Breast reduction
- Implant to fat conversion
8:30 AM - 6:00 PM
Thursday 2nd September
What’s new in oncology and genetics
Keynote Lecture: Why does the breast sag?Round Table Discussion: What's new in radiotherapy in relation to breast reconstructionSponsored Symposium: KCISOS session: your challenging cases discussed
Keynote Lecture: My innovation journeyLBM Free Paper Session: Innovations in Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery
What's new in lymphoedema
- Alternative strategies to risk reducing surgery
- What to do with the results of other gene mutations?
- Sentinel lymph node biopsy techniques - are we saying goodbye to the isotope?
- Molecular profiling- What's the relevance?
Artificial intelligence and robotics
- Summary of the 9th World Symposium on Lymphoedema Surgery
- Prophylactic lymphoedema surgery
- The epigastric flap
- Robotic microsurgery
- Robotic surgery for lymphoedema
- Centre of the future of surgery
- Big data and AI in breast cancer
- AI in perforator mapping
8:30 AM - 6:00 PM
Friday 3rd September
LBM Run through Regents Park
Parallel Session (Choose between Sessions A or B below)1A: What’s new in autologous reconstruction
2A: The abdominal donor site
- SHAEP flap
- Surgical delay of the DIEP flap
- The sensate breast
- Extracorporeal telescopes in microsurgery
- How to achieve divine proportions
- Abdominal wall repair
- Correction of the abdominal bulge
1B: What's new in oncological surgery?
2B: What's new in oncoplastic surgery?
- Targeted axillary surgery
- Nipple sparing mastectomy in the difficult breast shape
- Summary of St Gallen/Vienna Consensus 2020
Keynote Lecture: My journey in the innovation of perforator flaps Keynote Lecture: what innovations can we expect from implants?What's new in pre-pectoral implant reconstruction?
- Management of positive margins after oncoplastic surgery
- Lipofilling in DCIS and BRCA patients: a no go?
- Multiple ipsilateral cancers: Therapeutic mammoplasty vs mastectomy
Implant technology and related issues
- Capsular contracture in the thin patient
- Implant choice (texture and composition)
- ADM choice - do we still need it?
- Staged procedure vs direct to implant reconstruction
- Round table discussion
Tips and tricks in implant based reconstruction and lipofilling
- Surface texture
- Breast implant illness
Networking receptionLBM 2020 Friday Night Party
- Rippling when there is no fat available
- How to treat fat cysts and necrosis after lipofilling
- Management of the axillary tail
8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Saturday 4th September
What is really new in breast augmentation?
What's new in massive weight loss surgery: techniques for perfection and longevity?What's new in mastopexy and reduction? Lipofilling techniques for superior results
- Management of implant removal without replacement
- Volume augmentation without implants
- The use of 3D imaging in pre-operative consultation
- Minimally invasive breast augmentation: does it exist?
- Dual plane vs composite augmentation
Update on ALCLIBSA Session: Management of the asymptomatic patient with textured implants
- What is the industry's contribution for success?
- Fat donors and recipients
- Harvesting techniques- is it as simple as it looks?
What have I changed in my practice in the last year?